The dedicated legal team of Caputo & Mariotti
DIFFERENT TYPES OF ISSUES HANDLED BY A FAMILY ATTORNEY
Almost everyone will at some point in their lives require the help of a family lawyer. Are you curious about the types of cases that family lawyers handle? Well, that depends on the attorney you select. Different case types are more prevalent than others in different contexts.
Attorneys who specialize in family law are known as family lawyers. Marriage, adoption, guardianship, and dissolution divorce concerns are all covered under family law. The majority of family lawyers have a specialty in one of these fields, while some may not and simply assist with any family law issues, including those involving bankruptcy, criminal law, and other common areas of practice.
Look below to learn more about the work that Caputo & Mariotti’s Family & Divorce Lawyers do In PA.
Common Types of Issues Handled By A Family Attorney
Family matters are categorized as civil cases since they typically include disputes between partners, kids, or parents. They consist of:
- Divorce and Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Paternity Issues
- Adoption Issues
- Domestic Violence Issues
- Juvenile Matters
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Parental rights termination.
- Protective orders and domestic violence.
- Paternity and custody of children.
- Name alterations
- Marriage dissolution
- Juvenile Issues
- Estate Planning
- And more…
Here are the most common areas that a family court deals with:
1. Divorce – The majority of marriages end in divorce, and as a family law firm, we handle this type of matter routinely. Consequently, child and spousal support, often known as “alimony,” frequently accompany divorce and are typically a contentious aspect of the proceedings. We put forth a lot of effort to assist families in mending their broken marriages or even making them amicable.
2. Custody – Child custody is another aspect of divorce that is frequently discussed. To acquire custody of their children and create a scenario with their spouses that is advantageous for everyone, we work with our clients.
3. Domestic Abuse & Violence – Cases of domestic violence involve threats or acts of abuse between two persons who are intimately involved. Caputo & Mariotti helps clients fight fabricated domestic violence claims and works with clients to secure restraining orders and orders of protection.
4. Adoption Concerns – Adopting a child is a significant step for a family. A family attorney can assist you with all the specifics and judicial procedures in your state. You should engage a knowledgeable family lawyer if you want to ensure that the adoption process is completed appropriately. They are preventing you from welcoming the newest member of your family right away.
5. Handling wills and estates – People express their wishes for what they want to happen to their property after they pass away through a legal document called an estate or will. It is the responsibility of family law professionals to help individuals prepare these wills papers.
6. Assistance With Name Changes – Any parent who wishes to legally alter the name of their kid or an adult may be able to do so by filing a name change case in family court. Once more, a family lawyer aids you in the name change section process.
7. Guardianship – Choosing a guardian or caretaker includes deciding who will be in charge of a kid or an adult who is unable to make decisions for themselves in terms of personal, medical, and financial matters. Here, a family law attorney can help you decide by helping you to establish an agreement.
Contact our Pennsylvania Family Attorney
To get the best result for your case, a skilled family attorney at Caputo & Mariotti will collaborate with you. We will fully advocate for you so you can move on with your life.