The dedicated legal team of Caputo & Mariotti
Accidents Involving Traumatic Brain Injuries
April 4, 2019
Not all injuries are easily seen.
A traumatic brain injury is one of the most serious internal injuries than an individual can incur. Of the multitude of individuals who suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury each year, approximately 75% complete a path of recovery that allows them to return to their chosen career or level of schooling. Sad to say, the remaining 25% of individuals never reach that point of recovery, and are permanently affected.
If the loss of consciousness and confusion or disorientation is shorter than thirty minutes, a brain injury can be classified as mild. A victim can have cognitive problems such as difficulty thinking, headache, memory problems, attention deficits, frustration, and mood swings even when an MRI or CAT scan looks normal. Because of this, these types of injuries are overlooked often. Other common symptoms include:
loss of smell
sensitivity to light and sound
slowness of thinking
Some of the highest causes of brain injuries involve open head injuries, closed head injuries, deceleration injuries, chemical toxic, hypoxia, tumors, infections, and strokes.
If you’re the victim of an accident at work or on the road and believe that you have incurred any form of Traumatic Brain Injury as a result, contact the offices of Caputo and Mariotti today to set up your free consultation.
Areas of Service:
"Caputo and Mariotti got my worker's compensation claim covered and they also got my medical bills reimbursed to my health insurance company."
Worker's Compensation Case
"From the day of my accident, I knew I had neck and back injuries. Attorney Mariotti made my case a whole lot easier. "
"Until I spoke with Attorney Mariotti, I had no idea that I could recover anything for my injuries."
"Caputo and Mariotti got me worker's compensation settlement and also social security disability."