The dedicated legal team of Caputo & Mariotti
Wilkes-Barre Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
If you suffer an injury in your workplace, you may feel confused and at a loss at your next steps. Are you the one responsible for the medical bills? Do you have to inform your employer of your accident? Is your job at risk?
Workers’ compensation is meant to support you after a workplace accident. It will pay for your lost wages, any medical expenses you face, and help get you back on your feet. Although it can help you through this time, many employers will do whatever it takes to make sure you do not receive the benefits you deserve. This is when you need a workers’ compensation attorney to fight for you.
For decades, the Wilkes-Baare workers’ compensation lawyers at Caputo & Mariotti have been fighting for workers across Northeastern Pennsylvania. We understand how difficult this time is and, by using all our resources and experience, we’ll make sure you get the compensation that you deserve.
Why Do You Need a Workers’ Compensation Attorney?
Many workers in Wilkes-Barre seeking compensation believe they don't need a lawyer. They think they can submit the claim themselves. Although it is possible to submit the workers’ comp claim yourself, we highly recommend speaking with a knowledgeable lawyer to make sure your claim isn’t missing anything vital.
Remember, your employer's insurers are protecting their bottom line and their stockholders before they protect you. Even if you speak with their adjuster who seems like they want to help you, remember they're not on your side. They want to do everything legally possible to find a cause to deny your claim and prevent you from getting benefits.
In addition, the claims process is quite exhaustive. If you fill out the claim wrong or miss something vital, you'll face several roadblocks along the way. There are so many responsibilities and deadlines that you need to meet and if you miss them, you can jeopardize your eligibility.
What Do Workers’ Compensation Benefits Cover?
If you’re injured while on the job or become ill due to your work, you deserve compensation. Medical costs can pile up, and you may not be physically capable of working. Your workers’ comp benefits can ensure you can get the treatment you need without going into debt.
If you suffer a workplace injury or illness in Wilkes-Barre, you may be entitled to the following benefits:
- Medical coverage, which includes but is not limited to doctor’s visits, physical therapy, medications, nursing care, and any medical devices you may need.
- Disability benefits intended to replace a portion of the wages you lose because of the work-related injury. These benefits can either be temporary or permanent, depending on the severity of your injuries.
- Vocational rehabilitation is available for those who are unable to return to their previous job and will need a new career.
- Death benefits for the family of the employee who dies because of a workplace injury.
Our skilled Wilkes-Barre workers' compensation lawyer can help you secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
The Workers’ Comp Process in Wilkes-Barre
For those who have suffered a work-related injury or illness, follow these instructions to begin the process:
- Seek medical attention and get a complete medical evaluation following the accident. You may also want to write down as many details as you can about the accident to keep the information fresh in your mind.
- Inform your employer of your ailment as soon as you can. It’s important that you inform your employer of your injury within 120 days. If you miss this deadline, you jeopardize your claim.
- Seek consultation with one of our Wilkes-Barre worker's compensation lawyer. We recommend quickly filing your claim with the help of our workers’ comp attorney.
Remember, the statute of limitations for an injury on the job in Pennsylvania is three years from the date of the injury. Although this may seem like a long time, time can go by in an instant. And the longer you wait, the more likely any witness testimony or crucial evidence will be lost.
Contact Our Wilkes-Barre Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Now
In the aftermath of an on-the-job accident, you may not be physically capable of going back to work. This is why Pennsylvania has workers’ compensation laws, which protect employees with money and benefits in the event this happens.
Unfortunately, due to insurance companies, loopholes, and general obstacles, actually receiving the benefits to which you are entitled can be an uphill battle. And while many choose to handle this battle alone, this isn’t the best route to take if you want to receive your rightful compensation.
Having a qualified Wilkes Barre, PA workers’ compensation lawyer by your side is crucial. As your legal representative, Caputo & Mariotti will build your case, submit your claim, deal with paperwork, speak with insurance adjusters, and do everything within our power to secure your compensation. Don't wait a second longer. Schedule your free consultation today to begin the process.